Friday, July 21, 2006

Thermopylae
















Frolic! After "Sin City" comes the next fim version of a Frank Miller's graphic novel.
In 2007, director Zack Snyder is going to bring "
300" onto the screen.
"Sin City" has left me with an impression of being groundbreaking, translating a comic-book into
a film with enormous precision in every single frame, capturing that original atmosphere of the story and the typical setting.
I claim "300" to be one of my most beloved comic or graphic-novel artworks, ever since I held that first-chapter booklet in my hands, and visiting the official production blog gave me a very positive impression; this capturing of atmosphere might be again succesfull with this piece.

I remembered this drawing I did during a journey once, firsthand after I read the complete "300" the first time.




















For more Info on that subject, type or copy-paste:

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300_%28comics%29



1 Comments:

Blogger davidmaas said...

thanks for this. I love Miller's work - I've been waiting for someone to discover "Ronin" for ages!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home