Saturday, July 01, 2006

Meier Müller Schulz & Schmitt

Jan Maroske earns his money as a digital compositor,
but ever since I knew him he was an ambitious as passionate screen-writer.

A little while ago he had sent me the first version of the script for his short-film
and we exchanged some ideas about it. Since I was involved into this early phase of development
I found it rather easy to support the pre-production with an illustration representing a central scene with almost all the characters in frame.

Production-Painting for the short "Meier Müller Schulz und Schmitt" , 1/4 of 2006

By now and some script-versions later, Jan does already have several actors interested into this project and is trying to raise film-founding. It's a bit of a heck with that founding right now, as a lot of film-makers I know had to experience.
I really hope for this piece to be shot in 2007 as announced on the official website where you also can also download the script (drehbuch):
  • Meier Müller Schulz & Schmitt


  • Working a little on this project was sure fun, first because I really think that this short would be equipped with a quite original sense of humor in a short-genre that would perfectly harmonize with the talents of a good friend.
    I could rellay imagine this to work out and that's good.

    Second to that I dwelcomed the change to define characters not for animation but for life-action film, virtualy characters that would be not build in 3D or even drawn but being represented by real actors. So in a way it's like pre-casting. It is alway desireable to work as close wtih a director/ writer and into a script to vitalize the own ideas.
    By now I await the further progression; next for me would be to render the storyboard. "Cont'd"


















    Character-exploring/ defining scribbles for Meier Müller

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Marc!

    That's lots of your stuff I haven't seen yet! Great! Cool to see you blogging, it's a great possibility for me to see your daily doodles, wich always amazed me! ;)

    I just returned from my holidays and the inbox of my webmailer contained not only spam, but your invitation to this blog.

    AND : An answer regarding the funding of "Meier, Müller..." :(
    yep... They choose 11 other people over me... Now it's time to develope a way of revenge and strike back!

    Anyways: I'll keep on track, it's only a question of time again!

    Have a nice one!

    Jan

    4:39 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home